Sup Tahu dan Oyong - Tofu and Chinese Okra Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih), peeled and lightly bruised
- 1 liter chicken stock (Indonesian: kaldu ayam)
- 600 gram Chinese okra (Indonesian: oyong), peeled and cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 block firm tofu (Indonesian: tahu putih), about 400 gram, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 egg (Indonesian: telur ayam), lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 scallion (Indonesian: daun bawang), thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a soup pot and sauté garlic until slightly golden brown and fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add Chinese okra and tofu and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour the beaten egg into the soup while stirring, then season with salt, sugar, and ground white pepper.
- Turn off heat, add the thinly sliced scallions and stir. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.