Sweet Red Bean Paste
- 300 gram red beans
- 300 gram sugar
- 1½ tablespoon honey (optional)
- pinch of salt
- In a pot, soak well rinsed red beans in ample of fresh cold water for at least 8 hours or overnight. Heat until boiling, add 4 cups of water. When it boils the second time, drain in a sieve.
- In fresh cold water, boil beans again until tender and slightly fall apart. Add water so that liquid always covers the beans by about 1 inch while cooking. Drain again in a sieve.
- Transfer beans back to a pot, add sugar, and mix well. Cook over low heat and stir gently.
- Add honey, and mix well.
- Add a pinch of salt, stir lightly, and remove from heat.
- Mash with the side of a spatula or a potato masher.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.