Tahu dan Telur Panggang - Oven-Baked Tofu and Egg
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 block (450 gram / 1 lb) firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 200 gram (7 oz) onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 250 gram (8 oz) white button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup diced chili (Note 1)
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- Lightly beat eggs in a mixing bowl. Season it with sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil. Stir in cubed tofu and sliced scallions. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch well-seasoned cast-iron pan, sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic, mix well, cook for 30 seconds. Add sliced mushrooms, then cook until wilt, and the juice is almost dry. Add in salt, ground black pepper, sugar, and diced chilies, mix well. Turn off the heat. (Note 2)
- Pour egg and tofu mixture over the sautéed vegetables, and stir. Bake it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the mixture is set and fully cooked.
- (1) You can use any red/green color chilies. For a non-spicy kid-friendly dish, you can even use any color bell pepper.
- (2) You can use a 10-inch cast-iron pan too, but it will need closer to one hour of baking time.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.