Tahu Goreng Sambal Sereh - Fried Tofu with Spicy Lemongrass Relish
- Fried Tofu Cubes
- 1 block firm tofu, drained, cut into 12-16 cubes
- all purpose flour
- Spicy Lemongrass Relish
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced (*)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-6 red Thai bird eye chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Season each tofu cubes with salt and pepper, and dust in all purpose flour to coat.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and fry tofu cubes until golden brown. Arrange fried tofu cubes in a serving plate and set aside.
- To make the spicy lemongrass relish, heat 2 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, sauté lemongrass, shallot, garlic, and chilies until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat off, and pour the spicy relish over the arranged tofu cubes. Serve immediately.
- (*)If using the smaller Indonesian shallots, you will need 3.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.