Tahu Telor - Tofu Omelette with Peanut Sauce
- 5 eggs
- 200 gram firm tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Peanut Sauce
- oil for deep frying
- 100 gram peanut with skin (Indonesian: kacang tanah kulit)
- 5 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 3 red chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah besar)
- 3 Thai chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit)
- 2 teaspoon shrimp paste (Indonesian: terasi)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- 2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cucumber (Indonesian: timun), peeled, quartered lengthwise, then cut into wedges
- 100 gram bean sprout (Indonesian: taoge), blanched
- 100 gram shredded cabbage (Indonesian: kol), blanched
- fried shallots (Indonesian: bawang goreng)
- Peanut Sauce
- Heat enough oil in a pot for deep frying.
- Deep fry peanuts until a shade darker. Remove and drain on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Deep fry garlic, red chilies, Thai chilies, and shrimp paste about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Grind peanut and set aside.
- Grind chilies, shrimp paste, salt, and palm sugar together until becoming a thick paste.
- Combine the ground peanut, chili paste, sweet soy sauce, and hot water and mix well.
- Lightly beat eggs together with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan and brush with some oil (this will prevent the omelette from sticking).
- Pour a third of the egg and scatter a third of tofu on top of the egg. Cook until the egg is no longer runny and easily slide off the pan. Remove the cooked omelette from the frying pan and repeat the process two more times.
- To serve
- Arrange cucumber slices on a plate, then top with blanched cabbage, stack the three omelletes, top with blanched bean sprout and fried shallots, and lastly pour the peanut sauce on top of the layered salad. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.