Talas Goreng - Taro Fritters
- 400 gram peeled taro root (Indonesian: talas), grated or julienned
- 150 gram tapioca starch (Indonesian: tepung kanji)
- 75 gram all purpose flour (Indonesian: tepung terigu)
- 25 gram rice flour (Indonesian: tepung beras)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 200 ml water
- Spice paste (grind together the following)
- 20 gram dried shrimps (Indonesian: ebi), soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, drained
- 1 tablespoon salted soy beans (Indonesian: tauco)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl into a thick batter.
- Option 1 (deep frying): Heat enough oil in a pot for deep frying. Drop ladleful of taro batter into the hot oil and cook until golden brown. Drain in a wire rack to remove excess oil.
- Option 2 (pan frying): Heat 6 tablespoon oil in a frying pan for pan frying. Drop ladleful of taro batter into the pan, cook both sides until golden brown. Drain in a wire rack to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.