Telur Balado - Eggs with Chili Sauce
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 6 tablespoon cooking oil
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 10 red chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah keriting)
- 50 gram shallot (~ 4 Asian shallots)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, fry the eggs until the skin blisters. Remove the eggs from the pan.
- Leave 2 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan (remove the rest) and fry the spice paste until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Adjust salt and sugar as needed.
- Return the eggs into the frying pan and cook until the liquid is somewhat reduced. Turn off heat and serve hot or at room temperature.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.