Telur Pindang - Indonesian Braised Eggs
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 bags/pouched black tea
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 50 gram shallot/onion, sliced
- 2 Indonesian bay leaves (Indonesian: daun salam)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (Indonesian: daun jeruk)
- 1 lemongrass (Indonesian: sereh), bruised
- 600 ml water
- 1 tablespoon Indonesian sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and keep cooking until the sauce is reduced and the eggs have the color of dark brown.
- Turn off the heat, and serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.