Terik Tahu dan Tempeh - Tofu and Tempeh Stew in Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 bay leaves (Indonesian: daun salam)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (Indonesian: daun jeruk)
- 1 lemongrass (Indonesian: sereh), cut and bruised
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml water
- 250 gram tempeh, cut into bite sizes, deep fried
- 250 gram tofu, cut into bite sizes, deep fried
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 100 gram shallot (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 4 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 5 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 1 inch galangal (Indonesian: lengkuas)
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds (Indonesian: biji ketumbar)
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil and sauté spice paste until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes
- Add bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, fried tempeh, and fried tofu. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until the sauce has reduced and clings to tofu and tempeh.
- Turn off heat, and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.