Thai Pan-Fried Basil Chicken
- a pair (~ 500 gram/1 lb) skinless boneless chicken breast, butterfly for even thickness
- Marinating sauce
- 1/2 cup Thai/lemon basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinating sauce: First, prepare the marinade by grinding Thai basil, garlic, palm sugar, salt, and white pepper in a food processor. Add fish sauce and olive oil, then pulse to emulsify.
- Marinate chicken: Rub chicken breasts with the marinade, and set aside to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Room temperature: Please remove the chicken breasts from the fridge and let them return to room temperature before frying, usually about 30 minutes.
- Fry: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan/skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken breasts until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Rest: Set aside the chicken to rest for 10 minutes, covered with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Serve: Cut the chicken into thin strips, transfer to a serving plate, garnish with fresh Thai basil. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.