Thai Pan Fried Basil Chicken
Author: Anita Jacobson
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 600 gram skinless boneless chicken breast (about 2 pairs), butterfly for even thickness
- Marinating sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon basil leaves (Indonesian: daun kemangi)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola/olive oil
- To make the marinating sauce, grind together lemon basil leaves, garlic, palm sugar, salt, and ground white pepper into a fine texture with a food processor. Add fish sauce and canola/olive oil, then pulse to emulsify.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken breasts and the marinating sauce. Mix well, cover with a saran wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Return the chicken breast to room temperature before cooking, usually about 30 minutes.
- Heat about 2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan/skillet on medium high, and fry chicken breasts until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Set aside to rest for about 10 minutes, then cut into thin bite size strips.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.