Thai Stir-Fried Chicken with Basil and Chilies
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 bird-eye chilies, thinly sliced (Note 1)
- 500 gram (~ 1.1 lb) chicken breast/thigh meat, cut into bite-sizes
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon dark soy sauce (Note 2)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup Thai/lemon basil, reserve a dozen leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat and sauté minced garlic and chopped chilies until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add bite-size chicken meat and stir until no longer pink.
- Season with sugar, fish sauce, and dark soy sauce. Cook until the sauce is boiling, and the chicken is cook.
- Stir in Thai basil leaves, reserving about a dozen leaves for garnish. Turn off the heat once the leaves wilt.
- Transfer the dish to a serving plate, garnish with the reserved leaves, and serve immediately with steamed white rice. The best choice for rice would be Thai jasmine rice.
- (1) For a milder dish, use 6 cayenne chilies, or 3 Fresno chilies.
- (2) Substitute with low-sodium soy sauce. The sauce will be less dark if you don't use dark soy sauce.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.