Three Cup Chicken - San Bei Ji
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised
- 1 inch ginger, cut into 6 slices
- 2 scallion, cut into 2 inches length, separate the white parts from the green parts
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon Chinese wine (e.g. Shao Xing Hua Tiao Jiu)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wolfberry fruit (Chinese: gou gi zi), soaked in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a pot and stir fry garlic, ginger and white part of scallions until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry until no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Add Chinese wine, soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, water, and sugar. Mix evenly and bring to a boil. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 6 minutes or until chicken pieces are fully cooked.
- Add the green parts of the spring onion and the wolfberry fruit. Cook another 2-3 minutes until the sauce is reduced.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.