Tofu and Mushroom Soup
- 4 cups water (or chicken stock for non-vegetarian version)
- 100 gram wood ear mushroom (Indonesian: jamur kuping), thinly sliced
- 4 fresh shiitake mushroom, remove stems and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot (Indonesian: wortel), peeled and shaved with a grater
- 1 block silken tofu, about 250 gram, shaved with a grater
- ground white pepper
- corn starch solution (1 tablespoon corn starch + 2 tablespoon water)
- 2 scallions (Indonesian: daun bawang), thinly sliced diagonally
- Bring water (or chicken stock) to a rolling boil. Add wood ear mushroom slices, shiitake mushroom slices, and shaved carrot and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add shaved silken tofu and cook for another minute.
- Season with salt, sugar, and ground white pepper to taste.
- Thicken soup with corn starch solution. Turn off heat, add scallions, and stir to mix well. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.