Tofu and Shrimp in Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 inch ginger (Indonesian: jahe), thinly sliced
- 30 medium size shrimps (Indonesian: udang), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 block silken tofu, about 250 gram, cut into small cubes
- 1 scallion (Indonesian: daun bawang), thinly sliced
- corn starch solution (1/2 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon water)
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté ginger until fragrant.
- Add shrimps and stir until pink.
- Add Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, sugar, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add tofu and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add thinly sliced scallion, gently mix, then thicken the sauce with corn starch solution.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.