Tofu Salad with Lime Dressing
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 firm tofu (about 400 gram)
- 1 red onion, halves, slice into rings
- 1-2 cucumber, peeled and seeded, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, quartered and sliced
- Lime dressing
- 2-3 red chilies, seeded and roughly minced (*)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2-3 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 lime, juiced
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cut tofu into 8 equal pieces, and pan fried until all sides are golden brown. Set aside to cool, then cut each piece into 2-4 pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and tofu. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the lime dressing ingredients. Adjust the amount of fish sauce and sugar as needed.
- Prior to serving, pour the dressing onto the tofu and vegetable mixture. Gently toss to coat well. Divide into 4 salad plates/bowls.
- (*) I use red Mexican chili, you can use any chilies of your choice
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.