Tom Yam Kung - Hot and Sour Prawn Soup
- 500 gram prawn
- 1 liter water
- 3 lemongrass (Indonesian: sereh), bruised and knotted
- 10 kaffir lime leaves (Indonesian: daun jeruk)
- 250 gram straw mushroom (Indonesian: jamur merang), cut into halves or quarters, depending on size
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce (Indonesian: kecap ikan)
- 4 tablespoon lime juice (Indonesian: air jeruk nipis)
- 2 scallion (Indonesian: daun bawang), thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander (Indonesian: daun ketumbar), thinly sliced
- 4 red cayenne chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah keriting), seeded and thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Peel the prawns, reserve the shells, and keep the tails intact. Devein the prawns and set aside.
- Wash the prawn shells under cold running water, then put them in a soup pot. Add water, lemongrass, and 5 kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the stock and return it to a clean pot and bring it to a boil again.
- Add straw mushroom and cook for 5 minutes. Then add prawns and cook until they start to turn pink.
- Quickly add fish sauce, lime juice, 5 kaffir lime leaves, sliced scallion, coriander, and chilies. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.