Tumis Tahu & Zucchini - Tofu and Zucchini in Spicy Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 Indonesian bay leaves (Indonesian: daun salam)
- 400 gram zucchini, cut into bite size wedges
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- 2 teaspoon salt (or 1 teaspoon salt + 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce for non vegetarian option)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml water (or chicken stock for non vegetarian option)
- 400 gram firm tofu, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 red fresno chili peppers (Indonesian: cabe merah besar), sliced diagonally
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 50 gram shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 red fresno chili peppers (Indonesian: cabe merah besar)
- 2-4 red cayenne chili peppers (Indonesian: cabe merah keriting), optional
- 4 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 1 inch galangal
- Heat oil in a wok on medium high, sauté spice paste and bay leaves until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, palm sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk and water, bring to a boil on medium heat to prevent coconut milk from curdled. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and sliced chilies. Once the sauce boils again, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Adjust salt and sugar as needed.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.