Ube Halaya - Philippine Purple Sweet Potato Spread
5.0 from 8 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Serves: 1 1/2 cup
- 250 gram purple sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1" (about 2 cups)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salted butter (or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter + 1/4 teaspoon salt)
- Steam/boil sweet potato until fork tender. Drain the sweet potato, then mash with a fork (or with a food processor).
- Boil together mashed sweet potato with condensed milk, coconut milk, sugar, and butter in a sauce pot. Once it boils, reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until the spread is thick. I usually stop cooking once I can see the bottom of the pot when scrape with a spatula.
- Transfer the cooked spread into clean glass jar(s) and store in the refrigerator. Allow the spread to return to room temperature prior to serving.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.