Velvet Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 200 gram (7 ounce/14 tablespoon) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 85 gram (3 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 gram (10.5 ounce/1.5 cup) sugar (Note 1)
- 200 gram (7 ounce/1 3/4 cup) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon spiced rum
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 165 Celsius (325 Fahrenheit). Grease and flour a 9”x5” loaf pan.
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl until very light and fluffy.
- Add salt, sugar, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. Beat again until well combined. Don’t worry if the batter becomes stiff.
- Add rum, almond extract, one egg, and beat well. Continue adding one egg at a time and beat well with each addition of egg. The finished batter should be very light and fluffy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. After one hour, use a piece of aluminum foil to tent the cake, then bake it again for another 30 minutes. Total baking time from start to finish is 90 minutes.
- Once the cake is fully cooked, and a cake tester comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then gently turn it out to cool completely on a wire rack. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.
- (1) For a less sweet cake, you can reduce the sugar to 250 grams (8.8 oz).
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.