Watercress and Pork Soup
- 500 gram (1 lb.) pork spare ribs, cut into bite size pieces
- 12-15 dried jujube fruits/red dates (Chinese: hong zao)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cup (1.5 liter) water
- 250 gram watercress (Chinese: xi yang cai / Indonesian: selada air), remove ends and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon goji berries (Chinese: gou qi)
- (Optional) Blanch pork spare ribs in a pot of boiling water to ensure a final clear soup.
- Boil together blanched pork spare ribs with red dates, salt, and water, the reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the pork is tender. About 1 hour
- Add watercress into the pot bring it to a boil again. Reduce heat and simmer until the the watercress is tender. About 20-30 minutes.
- Add goji berries and cook for another 5 minutes.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.