Wedang Gedang - Plantain in Palm Sugar Drink
- 1 liter water
- 125 gram palm sugar (or to your taste)
- 2 pandan leaves (Indonesian: daun pandan), knotted
- 1 inch cinnamon stick (Indonesian: kayu manis)
- 2 cloves (Indonesian: cengkeh)
- 6 saba banana (Indonesian: pisang kepok), peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces diagonally
- Boil water, palm sugar, pandan leaves, cinnamon stick, and cloves in a pot. Once all the sugar has dissolve, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add saba banana into the pot and bring back to a rolling boil. Once the banana has softened slightly and turns a darker shade of yellow, turn off the heat, serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.