5.0 from 5 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 inches ginger (Indonesian: jahe)
- 100 gram palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa), shaved or roughly chopped if using block version
- 1 lemongrass (Indonesian: sereh), bruised and knotted
- 1 pandan leaf (Indonesian: daun pandan), knotted
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns (Indonesian: biji lada hitam), crushed
- 2 green cardamom pods (Indonesian: kapulaga), crushed
- 4 cloves (Indonesian: cengkeh)
- 500 ml water
- Dry frying the ginger until fragrant, chopped, and bruised.
- Add the ginger and the rest of the ingredients in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil, cover the pot, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until fragrant and all sugar has dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and let steep while still covered for another 5 minutes.
- Strain into individual tea cups and served. Garnish with some lemongrass stalks (optional).
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.