Winter Melon Soup
- 500 gram pork ribs, blanched to remove impurities
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 - 1/2 (~ 2 kilogram, or 4.5 lb.) winter melon (Chinese: dong gua), remove rind and seeds, cut into 2 inch wedges
- 1 dried squid/cuttlefish (optional), soaked in cold water
- 8-12 (~ 20 gram) jujube/red dates, soaked in cold water
- 1 tablespoon goji berries, soaked in cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- In a pot, boil together blanched pork ribs, water, winter melon, squid/cuttlefish (if using), and red dates. Reduce heat, cover the pot, and simmer until the pork is tender and the winter melon becomes translucent, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add goji berries and salt, adjust the amount of salt to suit your taste. Bring back to a rolling boil, then turn off the heat. Serve hot or warm.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.