Winter Melon Tea
- 1.5 kilogram (~ 3.5 lb.) winter melon meat (remove the rind and seeds), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 250 gram (~ 9 oz.) brown sugar
- 50 gram (~ 1.8 oz.) rock sugar
- Mix winter melon with brown sugar in a soup pot. Set aside for about 1 hour, you should see that some liquid has formed.
- Add rock sugar and mix. Place the pot on the stovetop, turn on the heat, and bring to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until winter melon is completely transparent. This takes about 2 hours.
- Turn off the heat. Pass the pot content over a strainer. Strain and press as much liquid through the strainer as you can. The strained liquid is our winter melon tea syrup.
- To serve, make "tea" with 1 part concentrated winter melon syrup and 3 parts water. Add some ice cubes, and stir everything together. Serve cold.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.