Wuxi Chicken Wings
- 16 pieces of middle join chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 scallion, cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 inch ginger, cut into 5 slices
- 1/3 cup water (or chicken stock)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Chinese dark/black vinegar
- Wuxi sauce seasonings
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 80 gram rock sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole star anise
- Marinate chicken wings. Clean and pat dry chicken wings, then marinate with light soy sauce and Shaoxing wine. Rest for 2 hours and up to one night.
- Sear chicken wings. Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken wings until golden brown, and set aside.
- Fry aromatics. Discard some of the oil from the wok and leave only about 2 tablespoon worth, sauté scallions and ginger until fragrant.
- Cook wings with Wuxi sauce. Return chicken wings to the wok, add water (or chicken stock), and all the Wuxi sauce seasonings ingredients. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken wings.
- Add black vinegar. Add Chinese black vinegar and mix well.
- Serve. Serve the chicken wings immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.