Yu Doufu - Simmered Tofu
- 4 cups water
- 30 gram konbu, wipe gently with a damp kitchen towel
- 2 blocks tofu (I love using silken or soft tofu for this dish), cut into 1 or 2 inch cubes
- Dipping sauce
- 1 cup dashi
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 1-2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 sheet toasted seaweed (Japanese: nori), crumbled
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoon bonito flakes
- Place water and konbu in a pot, let stand for 3 hours. (*)
- Place dipping sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Transfer to serving bowls.
- Add tofu to the pot containing water and konbu. Simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add condiments to dipping sauce while eating.
- (*) If you use a nice looking clay pot, you can serve the tofu directly and no need to transfer to serving bowls.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.