This is a variation of my chicken and red bean soup, but using black soy bean instead of red bean. I am not a nutritionist, but soy bean has a higher fat and protein content compared to red bean, while red bean has a higher carbohydrate and fiber content compared to soy bean, so there you go :) I love both version of this soup, and I honestly think they are both as delicious and as healthy anyway, so I kinda just rotate between using red bean and black soy bean. ♥
Chicken and Black Soy Bean Soup
- 1 free range chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 100 gram dry black soy bean, soaked in cold water overnight and drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut each into halves
- 2 medium (or 1 big) carrot, peeled and cut into slices
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- Place all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 2 hours or until chicken is tender and fully cooked and the bean is soft to your likeness. Adjust salt and sugar as needed.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.