It has been a while since I made some chicken soup and I have been dying for some. So I raid my pantry to find some almost forgotten red beans (sorry, red beans) and the fridge for some carrots and tomatoes. And since I just bought one free range chicken from the market, I am ready to make some yummy soup. ♥
Chicken and Red Bean Soup
- 1 free range chicken (Indonesian: ayam kampung), cut into 4-8 pieces
- 150 gram dried red beans, washed and drained
- 2 medium size carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium size tomatoes, cored (cut a cone around the core and remove it)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 liter water
- Place all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 2 hours or until chicken is tender and fully cooked and the bean is soft to your likeness. Adjust salt as needed.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.