We have been eating too many fried food lately and desperately crave for a more wholesome food. The fix: chicken and vegetables soup. Piti has been begging me to cook him this soup, and lucky for him this is my favorite too. Enjoy! ♥
Chicken and Vegetables Soup
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 free range chicken (Indonesian: ayam kampung), cut into 4-8 pieces
- 500 gram cabbage, cored and roughly chopped
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 liter water
- 2 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 celery leaves (Indonesian: daun seledri), finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a soup pot and fry the onion until fragrant.
- Add carrots and chicken and cook until chicken are no longer pink.
- Add cabbage and tomatoes, mix well.
- Add salt, sugar, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- Add the scallion and celery leaves, stir and turn off the heat immediately. Serve warm in individual soup bowls.