I love having porridge in the morning, especially since my Mom gave me a slow cooker (thanks Mom! ♥) and I can leave it to cook overnight. Believe me, the nice aroma that greets you in the morning is sure to make you smile, a good thing to happen in the morning, no?
Categories: One Dish Meal
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- 2 cups rice (use rice cooker cup), washed and drained
- 300 gram minced chicken
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and bruised
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 liter water
- Garnish and accompaniments
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 coriander leaves, thinly sliced
- ground pepper
- soy sauce
- Put all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover the lid, and simmer until thickened and the rice texture is smooth to your desired consistency (my personal favorite usually takes closer to 3 hours).
- Tips: if you are using a slow cooker (highly recommended), you can happily leave this to cook overnight so the porridge will be ready for breakfast.
- Serve hot or warm with chopped scallions, coriander leaves, ground pepper, and soy sauce.