In my family, we call this soup lak bi theng, which literally means six aroma soup. The six aroma comes from the use of six different Chinese herbs: Chinese yam, lotus seed, lily bulb, fox nut, Solomon’s seal rhizome, and dried longan. Simmering these six herbs and pork ribs results in a lovely and healthy Chinese herbal soup. This soup is hearty enough to be eaten with a bowl of steamed white rice for a complete meal. ♥
Chinese Six Herbs Pork Rib Soup
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
Total Time: 17 mins
- 350 gram pork rib
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 liter water
- 4 pieces of Chinese yam (Chinese: huai shan)
- 4 tablespoon lotus seeds (Chinese: lian zi)
- 4 tablespoon lily bulbs (Chinese: bai he)
- 4 tablespoon fox nuts (Chinese: qian shi)
- 4 tablespoon Solomon seal rhizome (Chinese: yu zhu)
- 4 tablespoon dried longan (Chinese: gui yuan)
- Rinse and drain all the dried herbs to remove dust and dirt.
- Place all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. Remove from heat and serve warm.