Another pound cake variation, this time using condensed milk. The texture of this pound cake is so soft and fluffy I am so tempted to make double batches, but got to watch the weight :D Just make sure you are indeed getting sweet condensed milk, and not sweetened creamer! I usually bought them in asian grocery stores and I noticed that they are both being sold side by side, I almost bought the wrong one myself. Another thing, I use 9”x5” loaf pan and the cake ended up filling only 3⁄4 of the pan, so if you have a smaller loaf pan, like 8.5”x4.5” I am sure it will be okay, and might even look better, just have to watch baking time which may differ slightly if using a different size pan.
Condensed Milk Pound Cake
5.0 from 2 reviews
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 120 gram cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 120 gram unsalted butter, room temperature
- 50 gram sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 egg
- Preheat oven to 175 Celcius (350 Fahrenheit). Grease and flour a loaf pan (I use a 9"x5", but I think 8.5"x4.5" should work as well), set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Add in condensed milk and vanilla essence, beat until well mixed. Add the flour in 3 batches and beat until well mixed in each addition. Finally, add egg, one at a time, and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan, bake for 40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from pan and cook on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut into slices and serve.