One of the soup that my Mom often cooked for us, this daikon and pork soup is simple and tasty, and the addition of salted dried cuttlefish turns this into a delectable affair. If you cannot find salted dried cuttlefish, you can substitute with ebi (dried shrimps), fish sauce, or shaved bonito.
Daikon and Pork Soup
Author: Anita Jacobson
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 500 gram daikon (Indonesian: lobak), peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 400 gram pork (ribs or loin), cut into bite size pieces
- 15 gram salted dried cuttlefish (Indonesian: sotong kering asin)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until both the daikon and pork are tender and fully cooked.
- Turn off heat, serve hot and garnish with sliced scallions.