Preparing a pan frying bite size fish fillets such as sole in a simple ginger and scallion sauce is a quick and simple affair. Depend on what is fresh in the market, you can substitute sole with other firm white fish, such as red snapper or grouper.
Ginger and Scallion Pan Fried Sole Fillet
5.0 from 2 reviews
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 250 gram sole fillet (Indonesian: ikan sebelah), cut into bite sizes
- 1 teaspoon corn/tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 scallion, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon corn/tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine sole fillets with corn starch and Shaoxing wine in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat and sauté ginger slices until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add sole fillet and sauté until cooked halfway.
- Pour the sauce and continue cooking until fish is fully cooked.
- Toss in the chopped scallions and stir for 30 seconds. Turn off heat and serve immediately.