There is a reason why teriyaki dish is so popular, it is flavorful and very easy to prepare at home, and of course at restaurants ;) Well liked by both kids and adults, I think this is a good dish to master at home. I use sirloin, but you can use your favorite steak cuts, like tenderloin, or skirt steak. In fact, you don’t even have to use beef, you can substitute with chicken, or firm fish like salmon or yellowtail.
Gyuuniku no Teriyaki - Steak Teriyaki
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 4 beef sirloin steaks (about 150 gram each)
- 4 tablespoon oil
- Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoon mirin
- 4 tablespoon sake
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 50 gram daikon radish sprouts
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle both sides of beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and brown both sides of the beef. Once the beef is done to your preference (I suggest to stop at medium doneness at most since they will be cooked further in the teriyaki sauce), remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add all the teriyaki sauce to the pan, and simmer it down.
- Return the beef to the pan, and cook until the sauce glazes the beef.
- Cut the beef into bite size pieces, arrange on a serving plate, and garnish with daikon radish sprouts and cherry tomatoes.