I have been craving for lotus root soup for a while now, and it was such a delight to find beautiful looking lotus roots on sale in the supermarket yesterday. I hurriedly bought one and made a bee line to gather the rest of the ingredients for this soup. ♥
Lotus Root and Peanut Pork Ribs Soup
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- 2 liter water
- 500 gram pork ribs
- 300 gram lotus root, peeled and cut into 1 cm thick pieces
- 200 gram peanut, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into quarters
- Boil water in a soup pot.
- Add pork ribs, lotus root, peanut, salt, and sugar. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove foam/scum with a ladle to get a clear soup.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until the pork is fully cooked and the lotus root and peanut are tender but still crunchy.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 15 minutes.