I love pound cakes, they are so easy to make and always make a good choice for an afternoon tea :) And if, like me, you happen to be both a pound cake and a matcha lover, you really need to give this recipe a try.
Depends on the brand of matcha you use, you may end up with a different shade of green. The best ones are usually reserved for tea ceremony, and some sometimes indicate it as such in the packaging.
Matcha Pound Cake
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha (Japanese green tea powder)
- loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius (340 Fahrenheit).
- Grease one loaf pan.
- Cream butter with a mixer.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add egg, one by one, and mix well.
- Sift together all purpose flour and matcha, then add to the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely, remove from the pan, and cut into slices.