This is a rather quick stir fry dish. I love the eye popping bright yellow color from turmeric, and I think the color contrast between the pork with bell pepper and chili create an appetizing dish. If you don’t like pork, you can use skinless boneless chicken breast too.
Pork Stir Fry in Turmeric and Lemongrass
- 750 - 800 gram pork, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 100 gram shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 lemongrass, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon Indonesian sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green serano chili, thinly sliced
- In a mixing bowl, mix together pork, turmeric, coriander, salt, and 1 tablespoon oil. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a wok/frying pan on medium-high. Sauté pork until no longer pink.
- Add shallot and lemongrass, mix well, cook for 1 minute.
- Season with soy sauce, fish sauce, and sweet soy sauce. Mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper and serano chili. Mix well. Turn off heat. Serve with steamed white rice.