Toast is called roti bakar in Indonesia. Roti is of course bread, but bakar is usually reserved for grilled food, and no one ever grill a bread right? But weird translation aside, this combination of sandwich is one of the most popular in Indonesia. Though I use hazelnut spread (such as Nutella), it is actually more common to use chocolate sprinkles (or coklat meses as it is known here).
Roti Bakar Keju Pisang Coklat - Toast with Cheese, Banana, and Chocolate
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 slice of cheese (I use Kraft singles)
- 1 banana, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- Toast the breads.
- Top one toast with a slice of cheese and a layer of banana slices.
- Spread hazelnut spread onto another toast, then place this on top of the other bread.
- Cut into two and serve immediately.