Planning for a party soon? If so, this easy and super delicious baked chicken wings in cilantro sauce is going to be a big hit! You can double or triple the recipe as you need, and how I wished I did since they were gone in a heart bit ;)
Sayap Ayam Bumbu Ketumbar - Baked Chicken Wings in Cilantro Sauce
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cilantro sauce for marinating
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (Indonesian: daun ketumbar)
- 8 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 4 shallot (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 1 scallion (Indonesian: daun bawang)
- 2 green anaheim chilies (Indonesian: cabe hijau besar)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 100 ml oil
- In a mixing bowl, rub chicken wings with salt and lemon juice. Set aside for 30 minutes, then rinse and dry.
- In a food processor, blend together all the ingredients to make the cilantro sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, mix chicken wings and cilantro sauce together. Cover the bowl with a saran wrap and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 190 Celcius (375 Fahrenheit).
- Line a baking tray with a parchment paper.
- Transfer the marinated chicken wings to the prepared tray, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Open the oven door, and flip the chicken wings to the other side. Close the oven again, and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.