Sesame oil chicken is one of the easiest and tastiest stir fry to master, using ingredients that most people probably have in their pantry. If you are out of Shaoxing wine, goji berries, and scallions, this dish will still be okay. The berries and scallions are there to give visual interest, and those berries are actually pretty good for your health.
Sesame Oil Chicken
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and cut into match sticks
- 500 gram skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- corn starch solution (1/2 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon water)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Heat frying pan until hot, then add sesame oil and sauté ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken breast cubes and stir for 30 seconds. Add Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, sugar, and ground white pepper. Stir until chicken is no longer pink.
- Pour water into the pan and bring to a boil, add goji berries and mix well. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and tender. Pour the corn starch solution and stir to thicken the sauce. Turn off heat, add thinly sliced scallions and gently toss to mix well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with steamed white rice.