Don’t you think this dish can actually be served in a nice restaurant? I just love looking at how the blanched spinach make a nest for the quick braised silken tofu and shimeji mushrooms in oyster sauce, so pretty. This dish is also perfect for entertaining guests in your home, they are so easy to prepare and make (and tasty of course). As long as you don’t let them know, they will think you spend hours and hours, and will be in awe at your cooking skill. It will be our little secret, okay? ♥
Silken Tofu, Spinach, and Shimeji in Oyster Sauce
5.0 from 1 reviews
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 bundle spinach (about 1 cup), washed to remove grit, drained
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pack shimeji mushroom (about 150 gram), tear into small pieces
- 1 block silken tofu (about 300 gram), cut into small pieces
- Oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Blanch spinach in a pot of boiling water. Drain and arrange in a serving plate to make a nest. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high and sauté garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shimeji mushroom and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the silken tofu into the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat. Arrange the braised tofu and shimeji inside the spinach nest. Garnish with chopped scallion. Serve immediately.