When I was small, I remember my Grandpa going to the market and brought home fresh produce and my Grandma busy preparing dishes in the kitchen. My Grandpa passed away when I was only 5 years old, but somehow that image sticks with me for the rest of my life, I guess sweet things have a way to stay with you forever huh? Grandma passed away when I was a bit older, around 9 years old I guess, and I have a bit more fun memories to treasure. I apologize for being a bit nostalgic, but this dish really reminds me of those carefree childhood days. On a happier note, if you are pressed for time and really need to prepare something for lunch or dinner, this snake bean and egg stir fry is definitely a winner.
Snake Bean and Egg Stir Fry
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 200 gram snake bean, cut into 1 cm lengths
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok/frying pan on high heat. Stir fry the garlic for 2 minutes or until the color starts to turn golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the snake bean and cook for 1-2 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Pour the beaten egg and quickly break off any lump with the spatula. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour the water, add salt, sugar, and ground pepper. Cook on high heat until almost all the water has evaporated. Turn off the heat, transfer to a nice serving plate/bowl and serve immediately.