Home / All Recipes / Chinese / Steamed Chicken
Easy to prepare, cook, and always a crowd pleaser. I find that steaming is a more reliable method to get succulent chicken, plus the resulting broth is so flavorful that I somehow suspect that the broth is more the star than the chicken in this dish. Serve this dish with a bowl of steaming white rice and garlic ginger chili sauce.
- 1 chicken, cut into 4-8 pieces, rub the chicken with salt
- 3 scallions, cut into 2 inches length
- 2 inches ginger, peel and cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Prepare a steamer with about 2 inches of water, enough for a 30 minutes of steaming.
- Arrange all ingredients in a steam-proof bowl.
- Once you see plenty of steam coming out from the steamer. Steam the chicken for 30 minutes over medium heat.
Leave a comment