Making a frozen yoghurt at home is extremely easy. A tub of plain yoghurt, freshest fruit of your choice (in my case, this means strawberries or any other berries followed by mangoes ♥), heavy cream, and some powdered sugar to sweeten the frozen yoghurt. With a blender you can easily whip this all up in an instant. If you clean, chop, and freeze your fruit first, you don’t even have to freeze it again afterwards, just eat it straight out from the blender. This means you can buy fruit at their freshest, store them in the freezer, and have access to fresh home made frozen yoghurt at any time of the year. Lovely, right? ♥
If you don’t freeze your fruit first, you will need to transfer the blended yoghurt into a plastic container with a lid and store in freezer for about 2 hours to solidify the frozen yoghurt. Otherwise, it is more like a smoothie instead of frozen yoghurt, which is also great if that is what you want.
Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- 1 tub of plain yoghurt (400 ml)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (or other fruits of your choice), frozen strawberries are easier, but fresh is okay too
- 3 tablespoon heavy/whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoon powdered sugar, or to taste
- If you use fresh strawberries, hulled, washed, and drained them.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and processed until smooth.
- If using fresh strawberries, you will need to transfer the blended yoghurt into a plastic container with a lid and freeze for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- If using frozen strawberries, you get instant strawberry frozen yoghurt that can be consumed straight away.