This is an easy to prepare dish using tofu, egg, and mushrooms. You can use any mushroom, but even standard white button mushrooms like the one I am using in this recipe turn out to be really delicious. If you ever need to prepare a vegetarian friendly dish (remember to omit oyster sauce and fish sauce, use mushroom sauce instead, or just salt and pepper), I highly recommend trying this out. It looks good straight out of oven, and with a pretty baking dish, you can even serve it in parties.
Tahu dan Telur Panggang - Oven Baked Tofu and Egg
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 200 gram onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 250 gram white button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and diced (*)
- 1 fresno chili, seeded and diced (**)
- 1 block (400 gram) firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius (325 Fahrenheit).
- In a frying pan, sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic, mix well, cook for 30 seconds. Add sliced mushrooms, cook until mushrooms are wilted and the juice is almost dry. Season with salt, ground black pepper, and sugar. Add serrano chili and fresno chili, mix well. Turn off heat. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Into the mixing bowl, add cubed tofu, beaten eggs, sliced scallions, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
- Pour into an 8"x8" glass baking dish. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until the mixture is set and fully cooked.
- (*) Can be substituted with 1/4 green bell pepper.
- (**) Can be substituted with 1/4 red bell pepper.