You are probably getting sick of reading another balado recipe, but I can’t help it. I love balado dishes so much that I probably prepare some sort of balado dish every single week and still not getting tired of them. I promise that you will love this one, it is so easy to make. If you happen to hate peeling hard boiled eggs, they can be made into sunny side ups instead, though tradition dictates they be hard boiled. :)
Telur Balado - Eggs with Chili Sauce
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 6 tablespoon cooking oil
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 10 red chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah keriting)
- 4 shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, fry the eggs until the skin blisters. Remove the eggs from the pan.
- Leave 2 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan (remove the rest) and fry the spice paste until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Adjust salt and sugar as needed.
- Return the eggs into the frying pan and cook until the liquid is somewhat reduced. Turn off heat and serve hot or at room temperature.