This is a quick and easy chicken breast stir fry using store bought Thai sweet chili sauce. Pairing this with tomato slices and a bit of tomato ketchup mellow the sauce slightly, bringing it close to sweet and sour sauce, but with a super spicy kick due to the use of the chili sauce and slices of serrano chilies. If you are serving this to children or if you just prefer a not too spicy sauce, omit the chilies, or at the very least, remove the seeds from the chilies.
Thai Spicy Coriander Chicken
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pair of skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 2 tomatoes, remove seeds, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 2 tablespoon water, mix together
- 1-2 serrano chilies, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a wok/frying pan on medium high, sauté garlic and onion until onion starts to become translucent.
- Add chicken, stir until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes and red bell pepper, give a quick stir.
- Add Thai sweet chili sauce, water, tomato ketchup, and fish sauce. Mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Taste test, add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add corn starch solution, mix well, keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off heat. Add in serrano chili slices and coriander leaves. Give a quick stir to mix well. Then transfer to a serving plate. Serve immediately with steamed rice.