Today I spotted some lovely lemon basil (Indonesian: daun kemangi) and I have been craving for this Thai stir fry chicken with basil and chili for some time, so I scoop up the loveliest bunch, along with a packet of chicken breast, and some chilies. I have the rest of the ingredients at home in my pantry, so I was totally ready and a bit impatient to make this for my dinner tonight. ;)
Thai Stir Fry Chicken with Basil and Chili
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red anaheim chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah besar), thinly sliced
- 500 gram skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sizes
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce (Indonesian: kecap ikan)
- 2 teaspoon dark soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap hitam)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon basil leaves (Indonesian: daun kemangi), reserve 10 leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic and chilies until fragrant. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add fish sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar. Cook until the sauce is boiling and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Stir in the lemon basil leaves. Turn on the heat once the leaves are wilted. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the reserved lemon basil leaves.