If you love cashew nuts, you are going to love this simple, easy, and super speedy chicken and cashew stir fry. Use toasted cashew nuts for extra crunchiness, or you can always dry toast them in an oven or in a frying pan on low heat until golden brown and fragrant. For stir frying, I love using skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slices and making sure they all have the same thickness. This step is rather important since it ensures the chicken pieces will all cook at the same time, otherwise you either end up with some tough pieces or some undercooked pieces, not exactly a good thing either way. ;)
Tumis Ayam dan Kacang Mede - Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 dried red chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah kering), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih), thinly sliced
- 500 gram skinless boneless chicken breast (Indonesian: daging dada ayam), cut into bite sizes
- 2 red anaheim chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah besar), diced
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce (Indonesian: saus tiram)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap asin)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 150 gram toasted cashew nuts (Indonesian: kacang mede sangrai)
- 2 scallions (Indonesian: daun bawang), cut itno 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions for garnish
- Heat oil in a frying pan (or a wok) and sauté garlic and dried chilies until the garlic has turned golden brown.
- Add chicken, and stir fry until no longer pink.
- Add red anaheim chilies and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, cashew nuts, and scallions. Mix well, and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate and garnish with chopped scallions.